Latest News

Monday 28 October 2013

Interview with a rare talent and gospel music rap artist Christopher Odu Owan

Photo: Oga
Interview with a rare talent and gospel music rap artist Christopher Odu Owan


 
 

Tell me your name what do you do?

My real name is Christopher Odu Owan am from cross river state Boki local government

Am a studio engineer, gospel artist and am studying building engineering in Kaduna poly, my stage name is Cris kester

Tell me about your family

Am from a family of five am the fourth, of four boys I also have an elder sister, mum is late and dad lives in Abuja

What is the engineering like?

Hmmm, it’s been tough and great at the same time, it’s basically about structures, and I mean building or houses, so aside the engineering part you need to be a great thinker to produce good structures

So what takes a building engineering student into studio engineering?

Hmmm, ok first of all, I was way into music before I got into school, so it was music first, I was spending so much time at the studio and so I decided to learn studio recording engineering, building engineering came later. I was rapping before I went into studio engineering, so am a rapper and a studio engineer.

So, why music after all the plenty engineering that u have attached to you?

I love music, I guess it runs in d family, dad was guitarist back in d days; he still plays once in a while

 

Am sure he sang his way into your mother’s heart…?

Lol, well he never told me how they met so I can't really say

Why then dint u follow his footsteps, why the divergence to rap?

Ok, now that’s a good question, let’s say I started up with poetry, though I loved cool calm music then, but I found myself doing poetry and from then the rap just came, I can't really explain how it happened but I sing a little just a little, but I can only pass for a rapper

What type of song do u rap to?

Ok, I rap from hip hop to soul, to afro hip hop! World, African dance hall, I pretty much rap on everything, But am a gospel rapper

How has that been?

Well mix feelings you know how it is being a gospel rapper, you need to have the flow and the word of GOD, but it’s been great, tough and beautiful

How do you see the gospel, music compared to circular in relation to audience?

Hmmm, well for me, I think right now people are really listening to gospel music, because gospel artist are coming out now with really good stuffs that can match the circular industry plus there is Jesus in it

There is Jesus in it!

Why do most people prefer circular songs to most Gospel Songs?

Well I don’t think they do, maybe because they have not laid their hands on really awesome gospel songs that would blow their minds, like mine, (chuckles)

Yeah like yours

 How many songs are credited to your name?

Well, I have recorded a lot of songs that are not yet out, but for now I can't call a figure,

Is any out?

Yes,bonchi and the classified freestyle are out, there is a song general for Christ I did some time back but didn't really promote it so, I will b promoting it too, very soon D bonchi has a video that is ready and would be out soon

Wow! You have gone far!

What challenges do u face?

I don't call it challenges but bread, but so far I think its getting my songs across is a little issue especially, when you are an upcoming artist and people don’t really know you,

Bread?

Yes it makes it easier to comprehend and deal with

What was your first experience in the studio?

Well it was not as bad as I thought it would be, it was almost ok for a first timer, I think back then I featured in a friends song But I never got to record my own first song I wrote

Why?

Lol, the song was a disaster and the message was not it at all

Where do u see yourself in the next 5yrs?

Winning the Grammy awards and my song been on the lips of people all over the world, having my own gospel rap school and so on

What do u make of the ongoing strike?

Well I think the strike is not nice, because it distract the students and slows down the time of them graduating, it’s sad, government should do something about it

 
Who is your role model?

My number one role model is Pastor Chris, the president of Christ Embassy, a.k.a, believers Love World; he is a great man of GOD

What is your favorite color?

Well, I love sky blue,

Which song should we be expecting soon?

Well bonchi and classifield freestyle are out for now, am working on other songs, I will kip you all posted

 How can your Fans reach you?

You can reach me through my mobile number, 07034729290 or my pin 25efe01e,

What is your advice to those who want to go into Christian music but not sure?

People who want to go into gospel music, please do, for GOD is the best place to invest your time and talent for he gave it to you, and he is sure of you, so be sure of him, and he will bless you beyond your imaginations

Send your shout out to your friends and family

Shout out to sir  Uyi, sir Remz my boss and Producer, big sis Tessy, Mr. Newton, Sylvester my stubborn friend, Mandee, Austin A, lady love, pastor Pj,pastor Victor, my pastor Tom and pastor Sarah Obiazi, Chris, Dy Cross, Mr. Francis, Rose Pinky!!!,Leo, big bro Charles, Dad, also to my friends, Chris, Emms,Musty,Dave,Willy,Zicham,Israel,Felix,Lizzy,Nkiru(nk)Sandra,Zoe,Austine Amandee, Fonny Michael ,Danny Dollar, Max, Eddy!!And many others, I can't call them all, and to my fans, thanks to you all for the support, I promise to keep giving you good music with the word of GOD, thanks,
this list is not complete without God, for those who I could  not call your name believe you me, I hold you dear to my heart.

http://gospelcentric.net/site/music-cris-bonchi-free-download/the411arena@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...