Latest News

Thursday 24 October 2013

Interview with Abuja and Jos based Fashion Designer and Makeup artiste- Gladys Royalty Emmanuel


Gladys Royalty Emmanuel's photo.
Photo: Rotalty
 
Interview with Abuja and Jos based Fashion Designer and Makeup artiste- Gladys Royalty Emmanuel! CEO Royalty Fashion World

 

Tell us your name, school department and level?

I am Gladys Rebecca Emmanuel, University of Jos, 400lvl law

Tell me about your school?

University of Jos is fun and challenging, you read and know you have read and they impact a lot and you

Why law?

Lol I always had a passion for law and based on court proceedings plus, I love to read a lot and argue logically, I also love to help people since some people don’t have people to stand for them.

Tell me about your family?

3 elder sisters, a younger sister and one brother, grew up with my mum, based on the job of my dad

How did you get into fashion?

Back then ages 3-4 mum used to have people that sew for her because she couldn’t do it due to her type of her job. I was drawn to them and will sit and learn. I picked interest; I was drawn to patterns and colors. I could correct them on people. Mum had a big influence

Why the name Royalty?

Gladys means a Ruler I went to a secondary school Royal college and my best color is purple so, all this factors brought out the name Royalty.

Since u started designing what has been your parents view being that you’re a law student?

At first they were skeptical, and I tried it for a semester but I found out that I could manage it so, they are okay with it

How is it mixing law and fashion?

I feel they apply there is a life outside the court room, I feel I can merge the courtroom and fashion

So you’re bringing fashion into the legal profession?

A little... Though law is a disciplined profession, we can spice it up a little

Tell us how has it been so far?

Fun, interesting and challenging based on the fact that peeps are not specific and you have to think a lot for them. But I love challenges

What are the challenges u faced at first when you started?

Most people did not want to commit their clothes into a young girls hand; I tried one person then a page on face book I gained their confidence though it took a while

What your view of fashion in Nigeria?

Its rich, sophisticated but some people make it complicated, Nigeria has plenty textiles, 70% of Nigerians dress well the others feel its jus normal others don’t just care

Why should I be concerned about fashion?

The way you are dressed is the way you will be addressed, every color has a story, and your color has to be with your personality, your personality has a lot to do with your dressing.

When going for an interview, what will be the best color to wear?

Tone down the color not pink, preferably black don’t wear white suit, don’t wear something to tight or revealing, they must trust your dressing to hear u speak, don’t mix stripped and check material lastly, don’t wear bow ties.

How did get you contract the sewing or do you do it yourself?

I have tailors in Abuja and Jos and each of them have things they do for me.

So basically what you do is the beautiful design?

Yes and get to the clients

There is this cliché about tailors disappointing how many of your clients have been disappointed thus far?

For now none, I stay with them till they are done, so they don’t alter the design and they come out correctly.

Do you think more funding should be giving to fashion designers and who should give them?

Federal government and private bodies should have a little portion for them, because all youths are interested in fashion.

What is your advice to upcoming fashion designers?

Be your creative, be yourself, be original don’t alter your design because there are lots of pressure due to funds. Also don’t downplay your creativity as it will find you out one day

What is the financial implication of starting a fashion outfit such as your?

It doesn’t take so much, you can get material of 1000naira upward it’s really not the material but the person that wears it.

So how much does it cost for royalty to do a design and produce a dress?

 It differs from dress to dress, design to design, embroidery cost more than ordinary, bridal designs also cost more due to the technicalities.

Is it only dress designs that royalty fashion World engages in?

We also do make up photo shoot make up, music videos and runways make up

What is your staff strength like?

Basically 4 that are under my employment

What is the long term plan for royalty fashion world?

We see it from now growing into huge fashion empire, engaging in modeling and dress making institute also teaching make up.

What your opinion on those who shave their eyebrows and draw it back

It’s not shaving completely, its defining it, the hairs grows , the eye brow filling is to give it a distinct shape, shaving everything is weird though!

What is the best outfit for a dinner for both sexes?

Guy tux jacket with the trouser a bow tie, black or oxblood, lady skin and body structure determine preferably long but if short it can flared or pencil just depends on your body structure

In the fashion world who do you look up to?

This Nigerian designer Lisa (jewel) also outside Nigeria Louis vuitton

When you graduate am curious will it be law or fashion?

(Chuckles)Will practice law for a while quit, and go into fashion

What is your take on the ongoing Asuu strike?

I feel federal government and Asuu should settle, and they not extended our stay, education is key youths may go into social vices

I expected you not to complain being the fact that your busy making money?

Lol amidst the whole work, it still rings in my heart that I haven’t graduated and I need to.
Photo: Rotalty
As a charming beautiful elegant hot looking lady how has it been with the opposite sex and their advances?

Very funny and annoying but I kind of have a way to handle all of them.

So tell us secretly any special person that you’re dating?

Hmmmmm there is actually a special person but I choose to withhold his identity

Talk to you fans and to be clients?

Embrace yourself, embrace your creativity, jus be you don’t allow pressure to take away your originality and never forget God too

Tell us how we can reach royalty fashion world?

Royalty fashion world, Gladys royalty Emmanuel, 08131901203

Send your shout to your friends and loved ones

 To my family to all my course mates, to philgrace and jummai my sisters from another mother, and to that special somebody, and to yemiolaniyan blog for this opportunity

 
Please check yemiolaniyan.blogspot.com for the latest trending stories and gossip- Gladys Emmanuel










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...